Thursday 17 October 2013

Perfume Collection

Now that I've acquired more than two perfumes at the same time I thought hey this could count as a perfume collection! Some are old favourites but I've introduced a few new flames lately that are equally loved and I just had the urge to share them with you. Because who doesn't want to smell good ey




Lola by Marc Jacobs - Now I have featured this in a post before, last Christmas I think, and just looking at the bottle now I'm realising how long this is lasting! For me this is my favourite scent from the Marc Jacobs range, I have had a whiff of Daisy which is very popular on the blogosphere (and does smell gorgeous) but i think Lola will always be the one for me (I feel like I'm really talking about someone called Lola, just the perfume you guys! not a real woman...awkward haha). I'm just going to say it, this scent is SEXY, I feel like it's a very deep and rich scent that is definitely more sophisticated and sensual than light and fresh Daisy. I would also say it is more of a night time perfume. 
Tones: pink peppercorn, pear d’anjou, ruby red grapefruit, fuchsia peony, rose, geranium, vanilla, tonka bean and creamy musk.

O d'AZUR by Lancome - This is a staple perfume in my collection which you can see as it is nearly all gone. I will definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out and I'll tell you why ladies. This is such an easy perfume to wear, it isn't over powering and just compliments your own fragrance. It's so light and fresh with it's slightly sweet but mainly floral tones, which makes it beautifully feminine and really an all rounder. My only gripe is that I don't find the scent lasts all day on me, you may need to keep spritzing during the day but it is fairly handbag friendly.

Si by Giorgio Armani - A recent addition to my perfume collection which isn't a scent I'd normally go for, but loving nonetheless is Si.  It is definitely signature of the Giorgio Armani range by it's scent, very chic and modern. When I smell this perfume I find it has a very warm and "feel-good" smell that's also quite comforting (maybe because my sister had the Emporio Armani perfume which was "her scent" for years which makes this quite nostalgic for me). Not to mention the bottle! it's so beautiful (am I really describing a bottle beautiful? think the perfume has gone to my head) and a perfect little decoration on the top of a dresser, which could be a reason alone to buy it. Although I do still think the lid looks like a little coffee bean.



La vie est belle by Lancome - Life is beautiful says Lancome and I couldn't agree more! The best way I can describe this perfume is, it's elegant. As you probably all saw, there was so much advertising for La vie est belle when it was launched that I have to say I did get a little swept into it. Did you guys see the add with Julia Roberts, ohh em gee she looks amazing, I love the part where she breaks out of the diamond strings and I'm like yeah gurl you do your thang! haha. Anywayy, back on to the scent! it does have deep tones but still quite light making this a day to night time perfume, a girly sweet scent that carries blackcurrant vanilla as its main tones. 
Tones: blackcurrant, pear,iris, jasmine, orange blossom,tonka bean, vanilla, praline, patchouli.


Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Toilette by Christian Dior - This is a very special scent, I don't know why but I feel so Parisienne when I wear this perfume. Picturing myself sipping coffee reading a book in a little café by le tour eiffel, ohh la la !! It has such a unique smell that is really like nothing else I've smelt before, Dior you doing it right! At first when you spray it, it has a very strong alcohol smell but when it dries on the skin it releases a beautiful fruity musky scent. This is also a day to night perfume and I'd say it's a younger scent to the rest for the perfumes I've talked about on this post. 
Tones: pineapple, cherry, strawberry, mandarin, popcorn, caramel, jasmine,rose, violet, patchouli, musk, amber.



I hope you guys liked this post, sorry I'm a bit rusty!  As always I love to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment on your favourite perfumes I'm always on the hunt for something new to try :) 





1 comment:

  1. Great post! You have a nice collection! I love perfume (but i dont have any of these scents )
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

    ReplyDelete